Due to COVID-19, Media and Technology Services' support model has changed. Please see our Spring 2021 Teaching and Event Support page for more information.
Important - Recording at Harvard University
- You must obtain consent to record faculty, staff, students, and guests. For sample documents and questions, contact the Office of General Council
- All Harvard-affiliated videos that will be posted online for individuals off-campus, must be captioned. There are several services from which to choose for captioning
- We are unable to record, stream, or make copies of copyrighted audio, video, or multimedia materials without explicit written permission from the copyright owner. We can excerpt materials in accordance with Harvard Copyright Policies.
- Requests for semester-long course recordings must be made within the first two weeks of the spring or fall semesters and will be subject to availability;
- Courses that wish to be recorded for Canvas must first agree to our Service Level Agreement;
- Video recording by a technician is only available for semester-long recordings; single lecture recordings can be done in a self-service fashion with loaned equipment;
- Support will be limited to one technician per course with the exception of courses occurring in Sanders Theater and Science Center lecture halls. TF, TA, and CA training is encouraged at the beginning of the semester for all courses - contact MTS for more information;
- Confirmation will only be given after staffing is confirmed; if staffing is unavailable, recordings can be performed in a self-service fashion with loaned equipment.
- Requests for staffed event support must be made two weeks in advance and will be subject to availability;
- Modifications to event details (location, time, equipment, etc.) made after the confirmation number is received will be fulfilled subject to availability;
- No weekday staffed event requests will be accepted for events occurring during the first two weeks of fall and spring semesters;
- Confirmation will only be given after staffing is confirmed;
- Staffing for weekday events during the fall or spring semesters will begin after the first two weeks of the semester to allow for course recording requests to be fulfilled;
- A technician will not be available if the requested equipment can be used in a self-service or setup/breakdown capacity. If you would like a technician to remain for the duration, outside vendors will be recommended.
- Requests for setup/breakdown support must be made at least two business days in advance and will be subject to availability;
- Setup/breakdown support is only available during our regular business hours;
- Equipment needs and location will dictate whether setup/breakdown service is appropriate.
- A request must be submitted in order to use built-in equipment and may incur a fee.
Cancelling Services (please provide as much advance notice as possible)