Connecting a PC laptop to a projector
Following our suggested method of connecting your PC laptop will reduce the risk of issues when connecting to MTS projectors.
- Power up the projector.
- Select the appropriate laptop input on the control system panel.
- Connect the VGA cable to the VGA connector on your PC laptop.
- Connect the other end of the VGA cable to the VGA input plate
located on the lectern, equipment rack, wall, or in a floor box.
- Power up your laptop.
- After your laptop fully boots up, make sure the light on the VGA input plate changes from amber to green.
- If the light doesn't change from amber to green and you don't see your laptop image projecting, hold down the "Fn" key on the bottom left of your keyboard and press the function key (F1 through F12) that shows this symbol: or CRT/LCD or a similar symbol. Repeating this "Fn" key and function key combination will cycle between showing your image only on your laptop screen, showing your image only on the projector, and showing your image on both the laptop screen and projector.
- If the control system panel has one, press the "Auto image" button once your laptop image is projecting.
- Connect the 3.5mm audio connector to the laptop's headphone output.
- Connect the other end of the 3.5mm audio connector to the "Audio" input on the VGA input plate.
- Turn the laptop's volume up to about 75% and adjust volume using the program audio control on the room's control system panel.